Characteristics of Home Buyers in 2018
- First-time buyers made up 33 percent of all home buyers, a decrease from last year’s 34 percent.
- The typical buyer was 46 years old this year, and the median household income rose again this year to $91,600.
- Sixty-three percent of recent buyers were married couples, 18 percent were single females, nine percent were single males, and eight percent were unmarried couples.
- Twelve percent of home buyers purchased a multi- generational home, to take care of aging parents, because of children over the age of 18 moving back home, and for cost-saving.
- Eighty-nine percent of recent home buyers identified as heterosexual, four percent as gay or lesbian, one percent as bisexual, and seven percent preferred not to answer.
- Eighteen percent of recent home buyers were veterans and three percent were active-duty service members.
- At 29 percent, the primary reason for purchasing a home was the desire to own a home of their own.
Source: National Association of Realtors® (NAR)
2018 Profile of Home Buyers and Home Sellers.
Considering selling your home in Bucks or Montgomery Counties?
For no-obligation recommendations on timing, pricing and marketing your home for sale, call the Melissa Healy Group today at 267‑218‑0000.
Copyright © 2018, Melissa Healy
Information is deemed reliable though not guaranteed.
† Keller Williams Offices are Independently Owned and Operated.